ARISTOCRAT PLASTIC SURGERY PC
Long Island, NY 11021
Surgical Technician An ADP Client, Aristocrat Plastic Surgery & MedAesthetics is currently seeking a Surgical Technician to join the team in Great Neck, Long Island, NY 11021. About the Role: At Aristocrat Plastic Surgery, our goal is to attain the highest level of patient satisfaction. We are here to help you reach all your goals. From the time you enter our beautiful waiting room expect to receive the highest level of care. Our facilities are equipped with the latest and safest technologies in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery. We are currently in need of a Scrub Technician. Scrub Technicians anticipates the needs of the surgical team. Establishes and maintains a sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room.
The Surgical Technologist will be required to travel to the location in Manhattan (New York, NY 10019) when needed! Essential Functions:
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining a sterile environment.
- Follows department procedures for scrub persons by assembling surgical packs, supplies and instruments for surgical cases and preparing operating room for surgery.
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of the specimen with the surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background. • Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for the knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the healthcare team.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by the center.
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
- Inspects instruments and power equipment prior to use to assure operational order and troubleshoots, reports, and removes faulty instrument and equipment from service.
- Assures adequate amount of appropriate supplies and instrumentation are available in accordance with surgeon’s preference and counts all instruments, needles, and sponges with registered nurse according to procedure.
- Anticipates surgeon’s needs and assists surgeon by draping patients, holding/passing instruments, retractors, sutures, and medications, applying surgical dressings, suctioning and sponging surgical wounds, holding extremities, and moving patients.
- Maintains appropriate quantities of surgical supplies and equipment by restocking room with necessary equipment and supplies and apprises supervisor of special requests for surgical supplies and equipment.
- Assists in maintaining and ordering of inventory needed for the proper running of the OR. Our ideal candidate: Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Must have Surgical Technician certification.
- Must be okay with travel as necessary to Manhattan location.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- 1-2+ years of experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Completion of a Scrub Technician Program.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room
- Person must hold the ability of multi-tasking, flexibility, organization, time management, keen attention to detail, quality focus, be a self-starter and have professionalism. Other Qualifications:
- Use of medical technologies
- Surgical technology
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Analyzing information
- Performing diagnostic procedures
- Technical understanding
- Informing others
- People skills, Dependability, Quality focus, Planning
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance Benefit Conditions:
- Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible COVID-19 considerations: All staff and patients are COVID tested. We also have social distancing markers, so patients are kept at safe distances from each other and our staff. Almost all our paperwork is completed online therefore touchless as much as possible.
To Apply: Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button Equal Opportunity Employer